The primary mission of the Manufacturing Technician is to manufacture ARC’s products according to ARC SOPs & batch records and ISO 13485 & GMPs.
• Are meticulous & detail orientated with safe manufacturing practices and excellent documentation skills
• Are an entrepreneur in a Manufacturing Technician’s body
• Perform remarkably or fail big, rather than perform adequately
• Have a fearless personality and the desire to change the world
• Prefer to wear jeans & a lab coat rather than a suit & tie
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
• Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will manufacture ARC’s products according to ARC SOPs & batch records and ISO 13485 & GMPs
• Maintain the highest possible safety and quality standards
• Accurately complete detailed documentation
• Safely operate equipment including autoclave, furnace, centrifuge, microfilter, tangential flow filtration system, analytical balance, pH meter and parts washer
• Maintain equipment and order supplies
• R&D laboratory bench work
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biology and/or Diploma in similar discipline
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to work in a manufacturing facility with potentially hazardous equipment & chemicals, dust, noise, moisture, and odor
• Physically fit
• Prioritized / Drives decisions & their execution / Goal-oriented organization, planning & execution / Action management
• Health – Passionate about improving their own and others’ health. Strives to lead and live a healthier life and to help others lead and live healthier lives
• Ego under control / Humble / Kind
• Teamwork / Collaboration / ‘Chemistry’ / Interpersonal skills
• Driven & fast-paced work ethic / Commitment / Determination / Perseverance / Resilience / Abundant energy / Aggressive & assertive
WHO OR WHAT IS ARC MEDICAL DEVICES INC.?
ARC is developing and commercializing novel, first-in-class products to prevent post-surgical adhesions – which if not prevented cause pain & suffering, organ dysfunction, infertility, and death; and for which there is a dire, large unmet medical need. Our products are non-viscous, liquid medical devices. ARC’s preclinical data in numerous surgical adhesion models show that our product flows throughout the entire surgical site and prevents or reduces the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site. We are currently manufacturing ISO 13485 & GMP batches for use in human clinical trials.
• Work to positively transform the health of millions of surgery patients
• Care more about your creativity, intelligence and values than your experience
• Are building a start-up: we work hard and take time to celebrate our successes
• Are implementing efficient systems amid scale-up chaos
• Are not afraid to make mistakes
WHY WORK AT ARC MEDICAL DEVICES INC.?
• Mission: We are doing something super-important that no one else is going to get done: using our novel, liquid medical device we are preventing or reducing the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site.
• People: We have a superstar team that is passionate about improving their own & others’ health and is fun to work with (also a bit goofy). Every member of our team is prioritized, driven, trustworthy, self-improving, smart, creative, and efficient. Our team is built of diverse international people across various disciplines – all of whom enjoy the outdoors, be it hiking, trail-running, camping, kayaking, kiteboarding, snowboarding, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing or other outdoor activities.
• Family: As part of our hiring and post-hiring processes we ensure that ARC is the correct fit for our team members’ families.
• Fun: 1) We hire the right people for the right job so that our folks do what they love while helping get our products to patients. 2) Our entire team has lunch together on Fridays; occasionally we have Friday Beer O’Clock; and we also have a ‘celebration day’ after achieving an aggressive milestone – including activities like go-kart racing, mini-golf, beer brewing, hiking and snowshoeing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are in Richmond, BC, Canada – right beside Vancouver. From our facilities to downtown Vancouver is about a 30 minute drive; and to the Vancouver international airport is about a 10 minute drive.
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us in eight sentences or less why you’re interested in ARC and how your past accomplishments show what unique contributions you can make to our team. Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of this position in the subject heading.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will only contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements.