The mission of the Bookkeeper is to maintain ARC’s day-to-day bookkeeping and inventory control in a timely manner.
• Are an entrepreneur in a Bookkeeper’s body
• Love day-to-day bookkeeping and inventory control systems
• Have a fearless personality and a yearning to change the world
• Desire to have a substantial, direct impact on the success of the company you work with
• Perform remarkably or fail big, rather than perform adequately
• Maintain & keep up-to-date ARC’s ordering, inventory receipts and issuances, and payment control
• Take ownership of the full cycle accounts payable.
• Collect and process corporate credit card transactions and expense reports in a timely manner.
FLEXIBLE WORK WEEK
This is a part-time position of 3 full days or 5 approximately half days per week. Increased time may be added during busy periods such as year-end.
REQUIRED DESIGNATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Accounting, Finance or Business Administration diploma or designation.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping, inventory control, full cycle accounts payable, credit card
transactions, and expense reports.
• Experience with SAGE or equivalent ERP system required.
• Experience working in a start-up is ideal.
• Medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
• Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Working knowledge of speaking and writing in Chinese, Japanese &/or German is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
• Tell us in eight sentences or less why you’re interested in ARC and how your past accomplishments show what unique contributions you can make to our Team, including how you will rapidly initiate and complete the work to meet the Outcomes outlined above.
• Email your cover letter and CV in pdf to email@example.com and include the name of this position in the subject heading.
• Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
WHY OR WHAT IS ARC MEDICAL DEVICES INC.?
ARC is developing and commercializing novel, first-in-class solutions to prevent post-surgical adhesions – which if not prevented cause pain & suffering, organ dysfunction, infertility, and death; and for which there is a dire unmet medical need.
Our products are non-viscous, liquid, polysaccharide-based medical devices. Our preclinical data in numerous surgical adhesion models show that our product flows throughout the entire surgical site and reduces the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site. We’ve recently built a manufacturing facility & quality control laboratory; and are implementing our quality management system now (IOS 13485). We will initiate first-in-human and follow-on clinical trials in the near-term.
• Work to positively transform the health of millions of surgery patients
• Are building a start-up: we work long, hard hours with some flexibility and we take time to celebrate our
• Are implementing efficient systems in the midst of scale-up chaos
• Are not afraid to make mistakes
WHY WORK AT ARC MEDICAL DEVICES INC.?
• Mission: We are doing something super-important that no one else is going to get done: using our novel, liquid medical device we are reducing the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site.
• People: We have a superstar team that is passionate about improving their own & others’ health and is fun to work with (also a bit goofy). Every member of our team is prioritized, driven, trustworthy, self-improving, smart, creative, and efficient. Our team is built of diverse international people across various disciplines – all of whom enjoy the outdoors, be it hiking, trail-running, camping, kayaking, kiteboarding, snowboarding, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing or other outdoor activities.
• Family: As part of our hiring and post-hiring processes we ensure that ARC is the correct fit for our team members’ families.
• Fun: 1) We hire the right people for the right job so that our folks do what they love doing while helping get our products to patients. 2) Our entire team has lunch together on Fridays; occasionally we have Friday Beer O’Clock; and we also have a ‘celebration day’ after achieving an aggressive milestone – including activities like go-kart racing, mini-golf, and beer brewing.
We are in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada – right beside Vancouver. From our facilities to the Vancouver International Airport is about a 10-minute drive; and to the heart of downtown Vancouver is about a 30-minute drive.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, culture, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.